State of Civil Society Report 2015
Each year we publish the State of Civil Society Report, offering a comprehensive picture of civil society and the conditions it works in around the world. Our report draws from a series of inputs contributed by members of the CIVICUS alliance, including thematic inputs from civil society leaders and experts, a survey of national level civil society networks that are members of our Affinity Group of National Associations (AGNA), and interviews with people close to the key civil society stories of the day. Each year our report has a special theme; this year we focus on the resourcing of civil society.
The report is available to download in full below and is also divided into the following sections for individual download:
- A foreword by our Secretary-General;
- An executive summary, also available in French and Spanish
- A year in review that looks at how civil society responded to global crises, an analysis of protest trends, threats to civic freedoms and new developments in civil society;
- 27 guest essays on trends, issues and challenges related to funding civil society from some leading civil society thinkers;
- A CIVICUS essay that analyses and synthesises the main insights from the guest essays.