CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 10,000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Consultancy:
Innovation for Change (I4C) is a growing global network of people, organisations and online Hubs with seven (7) connected Regional Centres in Africa, Central Asia, East Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), South Asia and the Pacific. An eighth Global Innovation Hub, co-facilitated by CIVICUS, supports project implementation and drives innovation across the entire network.
Our networks spark collaborations within civil society as well as partnerships with social and technology businesses and academia. We help power methods, create campaigns and drive programme development across sectors by offering advisory services, education and training, convening and network building, fundraising, free online tools/digital literacy and support with technology product development. I4C is curated by CIVICUS.
Innovation for Change (I4C) is looking to hire a Consultant or Group of Consultants to support the development and launch of an impact-driven enterprise model and market positioning for its first income-generating service. The Consultant or Group of Consultants are expected to draw on the initial market research conducted in I4C in 2020, and cover the following areas:
A. Impact Enterprise Model
Objective: Development of an impact enterprise model for a civil society-led and purpose-driven international service offer/consultancy in the Global South
- Develop and lead a network-wide process of defining a Impact enterprise model for the income-generating activities as defined by Innovation for Change network
- Collaborate with I4C Hubs and team to understand, develop, and improve appropriate value propositions, services and revenue streams
- Observe, review and optimize the prototyping of the impact enterprise model during I4C and ICSW collaboration.
- Develop up to 3 Social Business Model Canvas (SBMC) for income-generating activities as defined by I4C network, incl. field experience from the prototyping phase.
- Define appropriate services, channels, revenue streams and impact measurement system, including an action plan for roll-out in alignment with I4C Hubs
- Define and evaluate internal and external risks to the impact enterprise model
- Documentation of all processes, meetings and workshops supporting the development of the impact enterprise model
B. Financial modelling development
Objective: Development of a financial model for a civil society-led and purpose-driven international service offer/consultancy in the Global South
- To analyze the various financing models applied by Innovation 4 Change and other networks and identify an innovative model that efficiently and effectively mobilizes and applies resources to successful launch of the income-generating activity
- To set up basic Profit and Loss and Cash Flow tracking, with strong focus on allocation and cost covering for a distributed network
- Provide expert advice, orientm coach and follow up with Hub staff and related partners on financial analysis and modelling
- Develop a financial model appropriate for the I4C structure, governance and income-generating activities
- Deliver and initial financial plan and projection for 1-3 years
- Develop knowledge documents and access to information to build financial intelligence, financial literacy, and financial management capacity of I4C Hub staff.
C. Content marketing / go-to-market consultant
Development of a content strategy and 1 year content plan for a civil society-led and purpose-driven international service offer/consultancy in the Global South, including content development for launch, market positioning and promotion
- Develop and a content strategy, based on target users and personas for the income-generating activity defined
- Develop a 1 year content plan based on the strategy, including all online and offline channels
- Develop and design a brand book incl. graphics, visuals and tone of voice for the income-generating activity
- Development of website content, including launch of social media channels in coordination with Communication Lead
- Create 2 campaigns with special focus on launch, customer attraction and market positioning
- Content Strategy incl. 1 year content plan
- Develop a Pitch Deck of 10 slides
- Set-up and deliver content website and social media channels
- Two tailored campaigns for launch, customer attraction and market positioning.
Experience and Skills
Essential Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Relevant professional/academic qualification
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in impact enterprise models, finance models and communication, for social enterprises, impact-driven businesses or impact investing entities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully and to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent IT skills, and experience with virtual teams/meetings facilitation
- Ability to analyze complex sets of information and reveal trends
- Interpersonal skills: inclination and ability to work with a diverse, multicultural virtual team
Desirable Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Competence in additional languages (preferably Spanish and French)
- Design thinking methodologies
Interested candidates should submit their application to no later than April 5th 2021.
Proposals must include the following:
Proposal describing your personal and professional approach to this assignment and how you hope to accomplish the objectives (3 pages maximum)
- Full CV of all consultants involved, outlining relevant expertise in relation to the requirements of this assignment with examples of previous relevant capacity development products or annexes (2-3 page maximum)
- A financial proposal including daily rates and estimated days for completion of this project.
Location: Remote. Global
Duration: early April to end June
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.