Publications by CIVICUS Youth members
- Youth Participation Parkour: mapping seminar in Johannesburg with AGNA, YAT and representatives of youth led organisations - 2018, Elena Ceban
- Young woman panelist at CSW62 side event “Shrinking Civic Space for the feminist movement” - 2018, Nadia Sanchez
- Agenda 2063: Youth taking charge of Africa’s transformation by 2018, Esther Kariuki
- Re-igniting youth participation at CIVICUS - 2016, Youth Action Team
- Best practices in youth engagement in intergovernmental organisations: A case study from the Rio+20 process - 2015 by Ivana Savic, Youth Advisor
- Youth unemployment in Sub-Saharan Africa is cancerous - 2014 by Awa Ndah
- Young people need to get informed - Interview with Esther Agbarakwe
Youth Assembly Declarations
- 2019 Youth Assembly report, Belgrade, Serbia
- 2017 Youth Assembly Recommendations, Suva, Fiji
- 2016 Youth Assembly Statement, Bogota, Colombia
- 2012 A New Social Contract, Montreal, Canada “
- 2007 A Call for Intergenerational Collaboration: Make Change Happen Declaration, Glasgow, Scotland
- CIVICUS Youth Joint Statement - 2016, 33rd UNHRC Session
- Rustlers Youth Retreat Statement - 2014, Free State, South Africa
- Thoughts on youth participation in the post 2015 Agenda - 2013 interview with Ivana Savic, Youth Advisor 2013-2016
Highlights and Accomplishments
- Consistent youth representation on the Board of Directors: In 2016, the CIVICUS Board of Directors included three youth members
- CIVICUS Youth Assemblies: Since 2008, CIVICUS has ensured a dedicated space before the International Civil Society Week for young people to collaborate, prepare their engagement and coordinate approaches to civil society discussions.
- Youth Symposium: In 2018, CIVICUS hosted it’s first youth creative arts symposium. Allowing youth to have their voices heard through art. This took place on the South African and International youth days respectively.
- Youth Peer-Exchange: with AGNA representatives on good practices to better engage young people in civil society national and regional platforms and organisations.
- Mentorship Programme: During 2017, over 300 CIVICUS members of all ages and from all regions signed up to a six-month pilot mentorship programme which aimed to increase the connections among members of the alliance working in similar areas and enhance skills and knowledge sharing in key areas.
- Youth panel at Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights: Panel on Widening space by young human rights defenders at the Forum on Democracy, Human Rights and Rule of Law organized by the OHCHR in November 2016. (Video here)